Thursday, March 12, 2009

Insomnia



Not being able to sleep is frustrating. My body is tired, my mind is not.  Perhaps it's tonight's full moon that's shining through the windows.  Who knows? So to pass the time, I thought I'd try my hand at free-form writing.  Below is just a rumble of words jammed together without any specific theme or meaning:

Front and Center

or was it find your center? Is there anything you're missing that makes you happy?  Is there a "right time" to talk about it, or is the conversation actually a "sooner hurts less than later" discussion? What are the rules REALLY? People mix business and pleasure all the time "now git out there and blow sumthin outta the sky!"

Dad was really a funny guy.

Sometimes buying that extra shot of cheap shop espresso gives adequate replacement to the six olive martini. The only way to understand it is to do it - right? At least I got the phone number. The sperm bank's down the street.

Therapy's crap.

At some point, you may have to actually engage your mind. So throw it at me, it shows you have real upper body strength. It's not like I hold back all the time. Sorry I fell asleep. I dreamed of the fork in the road as this golden utensil blocking my way to the other side. All I need to do is

Pick it up!

I want to express myself, but can't do it in front of a room full of people I DON'T KNOW. Tell your friend not to pretend. Back in Ohio it's not so easy being a big old dyke at 16. Just be who you are and you will be okay.

And the next dancer is...

Search over again - you really need to work it baby! Nothing less than perfect is good enough for me. Why am I really here? Are there ulterior motives? There is a lot to consider - like how our genetic material would combine. You need to CLARIFY! Business or life partner? C'mon c'mon c'mon. I know what's on your mind cuz it's on mine too.

What goes around

and quit holding onto that serious crap. Shockers my ass! Welcome to the new me. But be careful you don't misalign my chakras. It's a big decision and I really need to think it through. Closing on that condo without your dad. One big-ass commitment. It's not like I don't have anywhere to go this morning.

Welcome to the group

although I didn't move out of the storage room to get put back in the closet. Is this the part where you tell me I need to self-actualize? Where's Jesus in all of this? It's easier to walk away when the harder choice is to stay.

I was way outta line

coming to you of all people. And the apology might have meant something when I still loved you. I don't love you anymore and I don't know if we'll ever be friends. I can't feel guilty. I won't. I don't.

Ok

Ya know a light weight like me shouldn't really drink so much on an empty stomach, especially after taking so many antihistamines.


No comments:

Post a Comment