Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Truth About Love

It’s not easy being in a relationship much less to truly accept the other person for who they are with all their flaws and baggage.  To truly love each other, you need to know the truth about each other – even if it’s not so easy to take.

The toughest thing for me is to decide to be with someone for good.  The idea that this is it, this is the person I want to spend the rest of my life with - to decide that I will make the effort to stay and not run off the minute that there is a problem is very difficult for me.

It always fascinates me how someone can go from loving you madly to nothing at all…nothing.  It hurts so much.  When I feel someone is going to leave me I have a tendency to break up first before I get to hear the whole thing.

So here it is…one more/one less…another wasted love story.  I really loved this one.

There’s a moment in life where you can’t recover from another break-up.

Then I think that it’s over, that I’ll never see this person like this. Well yes, we’ll run into each other and see their new boyfriend/girlfriend and act as if we had never been together.  Then we’ll slowly think of each other less and less until we forget each other completely.  Almost.

It’s always the same for me…break up, break down, drink up, fool around.  Meet one person, then another. Fuck around to forget about the one and only.  Then after a few months of total emptiness, start again to look for true love.  Desperately look everywhere and after a long period of loneliness, meet a new lover and swear it is the one until that one is gone as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment